Friday, September 9, 2011

Personal Assesment

I guess it's that time in my life: the time when I am unemployed and can focus on what I really need to live fully (other than...and including money). In LA there are no seasons, so it's always spring cleaning time. Like a perpetual colonic for your soul.

Moving on from that subject, I found this little checklist online and thought it to be a quick thorough and succinct assessment of personal well being:
http://www.betterme.org/cleansweep
I did not read anything but the checklist and found out that if my life were graded from that test, then I would score a 56% for being alive. That translates to work I need to do. (I want to make a joke about Maslow's hierarchy and baby steps, but it's just not congealing for me right now, so imagine there is something that makes you simultaneously laugh and think).

A few months ago I created my Business Statement for Vinnie. My personal manifesto:
"To live life completely, honestly and compassionately through creative works. Working with equally focused and talented individuals locally, sharing with and inspiring audiences globally."
I'm honestly not sure what that really means, but I know I want to be what it says, and having a direction is a lot more than nothing.

Right now I am diving into THE LIST. It's been called a bucket list, a term I never liked because a bucket just isn't that sexy, and what if it develops a hole, dear Liza dear Liza? I am now learning how to commit to such a thing, we'll see how it goes. A good guideline for how to construct one is here:
http://www.raptitude.com/2009/09/how-to-make-a-life-list-youll-actually-do-a-comprehensive-guide/

Wow! This became the most Soupy for the soul blogs I've done yet! I started out with comedy in mind, and here I am taking myself seriously. Hmm...well farts to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment