Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lofty dreams? Apparently that's my style.

Yesterday was a bit of looking at apartments and whatnot. Nothing really jumping out at me. There was one place that was pretty nice for the price, a whole unit, bedroom, main room, bathroom, a new kitchen with a breakfast nook that was a little too nooky even for me to fit in. Then I checked out a closet and found a huge cockroach staring at me. We had a pleasant conversation, but he seemed to want the place more than me. Apparently it had a big family to look after, so it just made sense.

There was also talk from someone I'll be working with about getting a live/work loft type situation where I could live, and they could stay when in town. That would pretty much make me cooler than Steve Guttenberg, even from the 3 Men and a Baby era. Though now my brain is dreaming about how cool that would be. I mean that literally, last night in Pasadena I think it got down to 78 degrees in the apartment I'm staying at (that doesn't have air conditioning). I spent most of the night only partially resting (thus my writing this update at 6:30 am,) and actually dreaming about loft apartments in Santa Monica with views of the beach. So that's where my brain goes...to the coolest/most expensive options. I guess that's what dreams are for. Without them, I'd just be in a hot room full of other people's stuff in a Pasadena apartment with a guy who is probably struggling just to breath because he just had surgery to un-deviate his septum. That's the joy of getting up every morning.

So, things still aren't solidified, but I am of the mindset to sublet for a few months so I can keep looking for that perfect place that will make me even sexier than I already am (as if it were possible ;)

One thing I do know: in one week I will be back in Oregon for my friend (since kindergarten)'s wedding and I want to have this living situation thing figured out before I leave. So I'm leaving this to God. He usually figures stuff out pretty well. Though I will keep trying to listen to his messages through padmapper and dreaming my lofty dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment