Thursday, February 17, 2011

Even knitting became a fad again

I can spell the impending downfall of Facebook. I hear people quitting the site all over, for various reasons, maybe because it's turned into a drug for some, maybe because I live in a city of hipsters and their little site has gotten too big for them to appreciate it, maybe it's the pervasive selling of "personal" information. Either way, it can't last much longer as it is in our world.

Our world changes so fast now. One fad to another. Remember that singing fish? I think that was about five fads ago. How do you stay fresh and hip (other than not saying the phrase "fresh and hip")? I do a lot of thinking on that front, on how people create things that are consistently on the cusp of the next thing. What recently occured to me is the longer, easier route, where you don't worry about the rest of the world. Just keep doing what you do. The world may leave you from time to time, but you know that the cycle will bring it right back to your door, so why move to the next big city when you can renovate your own home and stay right there?

Yep, I think I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment