Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A much greater reward

Daily commitments are difficult for, and I bet for a lot of other people too. I can commit to something every day if I know it's only for a week or a month, but I have a hard time committing to something if I know I will have to do it every single day until I die. That seems like a lot, too much to really fathom sometimes. With a blog, I'm just not sure I have something to say, but improv has taught me that even if I don't know what I'm doing or what I am going to say, I will have something to do and say when I need to. I find this true at this moment of time. I'm still not certain if I've committed myself to this every day. I would like to, and maybe I will. This must be the same reason some people live together for decades and never get married. It's the fulfillment of the commitment without making it. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and say I will do this. It would mean I might feel like I've failed if I miss a day, but I guess you can't really succeed if you can't fail. So here I am, opening myself to failure, and to a much greater reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment