Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spring came early (the cleaning part, anyway)

When things are falling apart I go through a predictable pattern. At first I get sad/angry, which leads to some moments of depression. I know it's my choice at that moment whether to feed it or tell it to shut up. Though I know the next moment will be relief as things work out somehow. They always do that. How do they know how to do that? Must be like fish returning to spawn or migrating birds. They just know how things are supposed to be.

So here's a standing message to that weird second bit I have after I don't get what I expect; you are evicted. You never really paid rent and you kept me up at night with your noise. The whole community is unanimous. Effective immediately. It's harsh, maybe, but fair.

So what do I do with all that extra space I have left? I guess I'll start by renovating. Maybe make that my work-out or writing space. I've always wanted a space devoted to one thing. I have a desk, so it's decided. That's my new writing nook. Phew. That was a lot of work for one morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment