Saturday, January 29, 2011

(A)Typical Day

Most of my day was spent waiting, which means it was a shoot day. A bit scattered, but it happens. I chose not to complain, but to make the best of it. I worked on lines and got to know other members of the cast.

One of my castmates is a very experienced drag queen. I ended up feeling his boobs (36DDD). Surprisingly natural from the front and from below, but a little too stiff from above. Take that sentence how you want. After that, he did my make-up. I was to look 15 years older. I ended up looking very draggy in life, but on camera it worked perfectly. Todays lesson: Trust Queens. Apparently another of my cast members has his own stripping company (as in a crew of people who he hires out to strip for parties, himself included). Yet another member of the cast owns/manages a circus. This is a very eclectic crew, and I think it's fair to say that I may be the most normal of the group, and I pick up dead bodies.

Long story short, I learned a lot today. Including what it's like to do all green screen acting. It's odd to have so many people who are characters in a small space, but be a character talking to walls instead of actual castmates. Life happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment