Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Keeping up Appearances

I read some sides today for an audition, and there were misspelled words all over the place. My initial reaction was "Well, I guess that's a no thank you for me" since the person didn't even care enough to edit, or perhaps even do a second draft, then they must not care too much about the qulity of the work. I have a problem seeing the story through the bad grammar trees. However, it also might be a sign of a very creative person who is so into the story that they can't be bothered with such trifles as spelling and word order. ...or like me they did it on a netbook and their fingers kept hitting the finger pad moving the mouse which got them so irked they didn't want to go back and fix it.

Either way, I'll keep making mistakes and taking chances until I learn not to. So far: unsuccessful at learning that lesson. However, I did pick up somewhere the motto that if you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough. Also, I'm typing a blog that I'm fairly certain not many people will read, so who am I to type (other than to myself)?

...and yes, I noticed my change from "the person" to "they"...and my beginning of that ellipses with an and. I'm oddly okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment